Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Watch a Koenigsegg Agera S make a Bugatti Veyron look like it's standing still

We all know the Bugatti Veyron is fast. It basically is nothing more than a straightline missile with its 8 liter W16 quad-turbo engine making 1000 horsepower and up to 1200 depending on the model variant. It doesn't matter if this Veyron has 1000 or 1200 as it gets embarrassed.

Click here to enlarge

The Agera S has similar power 1030 horses from a 5.0 liter twin turbocharged V8 but it is just so much lighter than the Veyron. No all wheel drive and and what they call a 'dual clutch' with 1 input shaft are not a detriment for the Agera which is roughly 1400 pounds lighter. This is just old fashioned power to weight doing the work.

Keep in mind as this is a Swedish video and the Agera is a Swedish supercar the person recording likes to promote Koenigsegg with a Swedish bias. To put it frankly, watching these Swedish videos of a Koeniggsegg always winning is getting kind of boring. Maybe it's time to run some real competition? Regardless, the Veyron is simply overmatched by the Koenigsegg here which we already knew (and have seen).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought the Agera s does have a dual clutch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Saca135i Click here to enlarge
    I thought the Agera s does have a dual clutch?
    It does:
    Specially developed 7-speed dual clutch, 1 input shaft transmission with paddle-shift
    http://koenigsegg.com/agera-s/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If VW werent such $#@!es and would actually allow Koenigsegg to use their runway to test top speed runs like they did for McLaren F1...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
    It does but 1 input shaft. Is it a true dual clutch? It's done to reduce weight. I mean we can debate the trans setup but I edited for clarity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what I understand, the Koenigseggs are fast, but not "that fast" as seen in all the promotional videos. Lots of rumors out there about how they can't replicate the same performance over and over again or in customer hands, basically production model cars aren't performing as advertised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zeee_Q Click here to enlarge
    From what I understand, the Koenigseggs are fast, but not "that fast" as seen in all the promotional videos. Lots of rumors out there about how they can't replicate the same performance over and over again or in customer hands, basically production model cars aren't performing as advertised.
    I just for once would like to see a race that doesn't involve that Swedish meatball Gustav and the Egg runs something serious.

Gustav basically exchanges sexual favors to Christian von Koenigsegg for footage.