Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Audizine hiding JHM Motorsport Audi tuning issues?

Not sure on this as I don't follow Audizine drama but it was mentioned to me that they are deleting posts about JHM tuning issues:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I know @Arin@APR tends to know what is going on in the Audi world especially on Audizine but I don't want to drag him into this necessarily. I just want people to know what's going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Saw this posted, seems JHM is not doing engine builds any longer:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Better to just quote from them page how this started:

. So an update.

This car and the whole process have been a real disappointment.

The car sat for a year and a half in JHM's parking lot before they even touched it. It took me asking forceful questions to get that fact. Very spares communication and a lot of run around. I understand they were learning as they went, but it sucks that they accepted my car that early in the first place, because I could have been enjoying it the whole time it was gone. I do think they enjoyed having my $15k deposit for that long.

The rough estimate I first got was 25k, knowing that that didn't include the air water inter cooler and other incidentals. Final bill was $39k, and I didn't find that out until it was time to pick it up. That came as a bit of a shock, let me tell you. The only pricing update I gotten was the Stage 1 to Stage 2 price difference was $3k.

Car used oil on the drive back to Canada. I wrote it off to being broken in still, even though JHM had done the break in procedure. After driving it for a while at home, the low coolant light came on and had to be topped up. Oil use continued. I had a compression and leakdown test done, which found generally low compression. 5 cylinders were 60-80 psi, one was at 90psi and two were at 110psi. Also found 60% loss on cylinder 5 on the leakdown, explaining the coolant loss.

I contacted JHM about it, they did respond that they would "do what we can to help you out and as long as you work with us." After talking with some other early stage 2 adopters I decided to let it drop. I was done spending money on the car and didn't have any confidence that JHM could actually get it to work. Decided to just drive it as is. I've put very few miles on it as I just don't trust it.

Asked if JHM wanted to buy the whole car for $20k, they weren't interested.

So I'm selling it. Asking $10k just to get it out of my sight. My basic viewpoint is JHM was nowhere close to being ready to accept customers when I started this process, and myself and others basically subsidized the development and were given substandard "beta" products.
    BWs300SXE 69mm + 4.2L of Audi V8 Love.Click here to enlarge